5 Stylish Alternatives to the Traditional Nightstand
June 16, 2016 | greystar
Whether you're working with limited space or you're simply looking for something more unique than traditional furniture, there are a number of reasons why you might want to skip the usual squared nightstand and opt for something a bit more tailored to your needs. Here are just five great alternatives to the usual bedside table — and even a few that aren't tables at all!
- A chair. Visit your local thrift store or a stylish home goods store to pick out chic chairs that can double as bedside tables. They're perfect for creating a base for your current reads and an alarm clock, or if you prefer to go the minimal route and leave the chair's base bare, you can even use it to sit on.
- A sturdy shelf. If you only have a few feet to spare on either side of your bed, simply attach a small shelf to the wall and use it as a compact nightstand alternative.
- A vintage milk crate. Hunt for these rustic wooden crates at local antique sales or even the farmers market if you're looking for a bedside table with a bit more personality. Simply flip it upside down or on its side, depending on how tall you want your "table" to look.
- A desk. If you're on the other side of the bedroom spectrum and actually have more space than you know what to do with, use a desk as your nightstand. That way, you can fill empty space and create a private area for answering e-mails or planning your week.
- A bar cart. Everyone loves the retro bar cart, but this piece isn't just designed for housing your favorite spirits. Use it in a guest bedroom to provide your guests with a carafe of water, fresh flowers, toiletries and more.
Rethink the Table: 22 Bedside Alternatives [Brit + Co]